If you're looking for a comforting and delicious dessert, then look no further than this creamy and satisfying rice pudding recipe. This classic dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether you're craving something sweet after dinner or just need a cozy treat on a chilly day.
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, cinnamon, raisins, nuts
- Rinse the rice in cold water and drain it.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the rice is cooked and the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the pudding cool to room temperature.
- If the pudding is too thick, add a bit of milk to thin it out to your desired consistency.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled with your favorite toppings.
- Be sure to stir the rice pudding frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- You can substitute arborio rice with any other short-grain rice, but the texture may be slightly different.
- For a more decadent dessert, use half-and-half or heavy cream instead of whole milk.
- Top the pudding with your favorite toppings, such as whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, raisins, or nuts.
This rice pudding recipe is a timeless classic that is sure to please everyone's taste buds. With its creamy texture and warm spices, it's the perfect dessert for any occasion. Give it a try and see how easy it is to make this delicious and comforting treat at home!