Creamy Squash And Sage Gnocchi Recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 414 calories / serving
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes (about 550g prepped weight)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus 2 tsp
- 10g fresh sage, half finely chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g gnocchi
- 100ml milk
- 100g lighter grated mature cheese
- 60g rocket
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Toss the squash with 1 tbsp oil and the chopped sage in a small baking dish; season.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. For the last 5 minutes, or until crisp, add the whole sage leaves, covering them in a little oil from the tin.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes, or until the onion is softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before removing it from the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the gnocchi for 3 minutes, or until they rise to the top of the pan. Drain and set aside 100ml of the cooking water.
- Scrape the softened onions and garlic into 50ml of the reserved gnocchi water in a jug or food processor.
- Half of the roasted squash and all of the milk should be added.
- Return to the frying pan after blending with a stick blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in the cheese and bring to a moderate simmer over low heat.
- Season to taste and whisk for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, adding a splash of the leftover cooking water if necessary.
- Fold the cooked gnocchi, as well as the majority of the remaining roasted squash, into the creamy sauce (keep the crispy sage leaves aside).
- Top with the remaining roasted squash and crispy sage leaves and divide among 4 bowls. Serve alongside the rocket, which has been tossed with the remaining 2 tsp oil.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.