Looking for a comforting and delicious dinner recipe? Look no further than these Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas! Made with juicy chicken, tangy cream cheese, and a homemade white enchilada sauce, these enchiladas are sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
For the white enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken and cream cheese. Mix well.
- In a separate saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth, sour cream, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spread a small amount of the white enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to make them pliable. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken and cream cheese mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining white enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, making sure they are fully coated.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top of the enchiladas.
Tips and Variations
- Serve these enchiladas with a side of Mexican rice or refried beans for a complete meal.
- Want to add some spice? Add a diced jalapeno or some hot sauce to the chicken and cream cheese mixture.
- These enchiladas can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking.
- If you don't have corn tortillas, you can use flour tortillas instead.
These Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas are sure to become a new favorite in your household. With their rich and creamy sauce and tender chicken filling, they're perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Give them a try and see for yourself how delicious they are!