If you're looking for a dessert that's both sweet and tart, look no further than this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp recipe. With a perfect blend of juicy strawberries and tangy rhubarb, this fruity treat is topped with an irresistible oatmeal crust that's sure to satisfy your cravings. It's easy to make and perfect for any occasion, whether you're hosting a summer barbecue or simply looking to indulge in a sweet treat.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a 9-inch baking dish.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the fruit mixture, covering it evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Let the crisp cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations
- Serve the Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra special treat.
- You can use frozen fruit instead of fresh if it's not in season or you can't find it.
- For a healthier version, you can substitute the all-purpose flour and brown sugar with whole wheat flour and coconut sugar.
This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp recipe with oatmeal topping is a delicious and easy dessert that's perfect for any occasion. Whether you're looking to impress your guests or simply indulge in a sweet treat, this fruity dessert is sure to satisfy your cravings. Don't hesitate to try it out and enjoy the perfect blend of sweet and tart flavors!