Easy cherry ripple ice cream recipe
- Serves 8
- 5 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook, 4 hrs 00 mins to cool
- 241 calories/serving
- 500g (16oz) cherries, pitted
- 250g (8oz) jam sugar (i.e., with pectin)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cherry brandy or kirsch (optional)
- 600ml vanilla ice cream softened
- Heat the pitted cherries in a saucepan with the sugar, lime, and cherry brandy (if using). Bring to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes, until the mixture is thick and sticky.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave the mixture to cool completely.
- Pour the softened ice cream into a large freezer-proof container with a lid and add three-quarters of the cold cherry mixture.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, gently swirl the cherry mixture through the ice cream to create a ripple effect. Freeze for 4 hours or until solid.
- To serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls and spoon over a little of the remaining cherry mixture, if you like.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.