- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 114 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750g chestnut mushrooms, sliced,
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 100ml milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Increase the heat too high and cook for 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and brown, stirring regularly.
- Cook for 1 minute after adding the garlic.
- Remove a large spoonful of mushrooms from the pan and place them on a plate as a garnish.
- Fill the pan halfway with water and come to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and mix with a stick blender until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and heat through with the milk.
- If your soup is too thick, add extra water or stock.
- Season to taste, then serve in bowls with the reserved mushrooms, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.