If you're a fan of shrimp and Mexican cuisine, then you're going to love these shrimp enchiladas. They're packed with flavor and perfect for a weeknight dinner or a festive gathering. The combination of tender shrimp, tangy enchilada sauce, creamy avocado, and melted cheese make for a mouthwatering meal that's sure to please everyone.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked shrimp with 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle until pliable.
- Spoon a small amount of the shrimp mixture onto each tortilla, then roll up and place seam-side down in a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas, then sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with diced avocado and chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just be sure to thaw the shrimp before using if you're using frozen.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, add some chopped jalapeño to the shrimp mixture.
- These enchiladas are delicious served with a side of Mexican rice and refried beans.
These shrimp enchiladas are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that's perfect for any occasion. The combination of shrimp, enchilada sauce, cheese, avocado, and cilantro creates a flavor explosion in every bite. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try – you won't be disappointed!