Fennel, tomato and red pepper paella
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook, 5 mins to cool
- 361 calories / serving
- 900ml veg stock
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 300g (10oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 250g (8oz) paella rice
- 1 small fennel bulb (reserve leaves)
- 1 x 285g jar roasted peppers, drain and rinse them
- 110g (3 3/4oz) fine green beans
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and season with a pinch of saffron.
- Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry for 5 minutes after finely chopping the onion and deseeding and diceing the peppers.
- Fry for 2 minutes with the crushed garlic cloves, canned chopped tomatoes, and paprika.
- Stir in the paella rice.
- Season with salt and pepper and shave the fennel bulb (reserving the leaves).
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Reduce to a low heat and cook the rice for 10 minutes, uncovered and without stirring.
- Drain and rinse half of the jar of roasted peppers, then spread over.
- Finely slice and top fine green beans; add. Cook for another 10 minutes after shaking the pan gently.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover with foil, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the reserved fennel leaves, lemon wedges, and a squeeze of lemon.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.