- Serves 8
- 20 mins to prepare
- 165 calories / serving
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 3 heads of chicory or Little Gem lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated and halved lengthways
- 40g watercress
- 8 ripe figs, sliced into eighths
- 160g Roquefort or Gorgonzola, chopped
- 40g blanched hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp clear honey
- 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- To keep the apple from discoloring, toss it in the lemon juice.
- Season and seal the dressing components in a jar, then shake to combine.
- On 8 plates, arrange the chicory or lettuce and watercress. Drizzle the dressing on top of the apple, figs, cheese, almonds, and parsley.
Tip: Use a vegetarian blue cheese to make this salad appropriate for vegetarians.