- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 609 calories / serving
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece (about 20g) ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 chicken stock cube, made up to 500ml
- 300g long-grain rice
- 10 fish fingers
- 220g green beans, halved
- 10g fresh coriander, leaves picked
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the onion and carrots for 10 minutes, or until tender and lightly brown.
- Fry for 1 minute with the garlic, ginger, and curry powder, then mix in the four until dissolved.
- Stir in the stock gradually, then cook, stirring regularly, for 10 minutes or until thickened over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and mix until completely smooth with a stick blender.
- Season, then cook for another 5-8 minutes over medium heat to thicken. Preheat the grill to high temperature.
- Cook the fish fingers according to the package directions until they are crispy and cooked through. Green beans should be cooked for 4 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- With a fork, fluff the rice and distribute it among four shallow bowls.
- Add the fish fingers and the curry sauce on top. To serve, scatter the coriander on top.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.