Fluffy banana pancakes recipe
- Serves 6
- 15 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 291 calories/serving
- 100g dried fruit and nut mix
- One large free-range egg
- One mug of wholemeal self-raising flour
- One cup of semi-skimmed milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Three ripe bananas
- olive oil
- 6 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- clear honey (optional)
- Whizz the dried fruit and nuts in a food processor to a chunky crumb.
- Crack the egg into a large mixing bowl, add the flour, milk, and cinnamon, and whisk together until you have a smooth batter.
- Peel and halve the bananas lengthways. Place a large frying pan on medium heat with 1 tsp of oil.
- Add two banana halves to the pan, cut-side down, and fry for 3 mins, or until lightly caramelized.
- Pour a ladleful of batter over each banana, cook for 2 mins, or until tiny bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden, then confidently flip them over and cook for 1 min more.
- Repeat as required with the remaining bananas and batter – I like to work in batches, so the pancakes are always hot.
- Serve straight away, topped with a dollop of yogurt, the fruit and nut crumb, and a drizzle of honey, if you like.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.