Fresh tomato and chickpea curry
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 614 calories / serving
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g Indian-inspired base mix
- 1½ tbsp garam masala
- 1 vegetable stock cube, made up to 250ml
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g frozen spinach
- 300g long-grain rice
- 150g Greek-style yogurt
- 15g fresh coriander, leaves picked
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the base mix and cook for 15 minutes, or until softened and gently brown.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant, after adding the garam masala.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stock, tomatoes, chickpeas, and spinach.
- Cover and cook, stirring periodically, for 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to burst and the spinach has defrosted and blended well into the curry.
- If it appears to be drying out, add another 50ml of water.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly rinse the rice and place it in a small saucepan with 600ml water and a bit of salt.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce to a low heat.
- Cook for 12 minutes, then take from the heat and cover with a lid to keep it steaming until ready to serve.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper, then toss in the yogurt.
- Return to a low simmer to heat through (do not boil, as this will split the sauce), then garnish with coriander and serve with rice on the side.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.