Gammon and sausage paella
- Serves 4-6
- 5 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 384 calories / serving
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, squashed
- 225g (8oz) smoked gammon steak, fat removed and cut into cubes
- 2 spicy pork sausages, thickly sliced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 300g (10oz) short grain paella rice
- pinch saffron, infused in a little water
- 1.1 litre (2 pints) pork stock
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 220g (8oz) green beans, tails removed
- Heat the oil in a big, shallow pan and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the gammon and sausage and sauté until they are browned.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes after adding the paprika and rice.
- Add half of the stock and the saffron (plus water).
- Add the pepper and the beans and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- During the cooking process, add extra stock as it is absorbed, mix, and then leave to absorb all of the flavors.
- Serve as soon as the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.