Garlic Mushrooms With Cheesy Polenta Recipe
- Serves 2
- 10 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook
- 410 calories / serving
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g (8oz) mixed mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2-3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
For the polenta
- 120g (4oz) quick cook polenta
- 600ml (1pt) water
- 2 tsp butter
- 30g (1 1/4oz) vegetarian hard cheese or Parmesan, grated
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes after adding the mushrooms and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 minutes after adding the thyme. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Pour in the polenta gradually, stirring continually for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed completely.
- Stir in the butter, most of the cheese and some seasoning.
- Divide the polenta onto two plates and top with the mushrooms before serving. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and parsley over top.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.