Gluten-free apricot frangipane tart
- Serves 12
- 1 hour for the pastry, 1 hour of cooking time, and 25 minutes of cooling time
- 529 calories/serving
- 350g gluten-free pastry tart shell (see Gluten-free pastry recipe)
- 250g blanched almonds,
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zested
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten,
- handful of gluten-free flour
- generous pinch sea salt,
- 5 apricots,
- 2 tbsp apricot jam, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4), 160°C (fan 160°C).
- Place the blanched almonds on a baking sheet and roast for 6-8 minutes, or until they have darkened somewhat.
- Allow them to cool entirely before blitzing for a few seconds in a food processor to keep them gritty. You don't want to make a powder out of them.
- Remove the nuts from the processor and add the butter, lemon zest, and sugar.
- Blitz until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Remove the mixture to a large mixing bowl and beat in the eggs one at a time, adding a little flour with each egg until all of the flour and eggs have been added and the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Finally, combine the chopped nuts with a pinch of salt.
- Cut the apricots into segments roughly half the width of an orange segment when ready to bake.
- Fill the tart shell with the frangipane mixture and level it out.
- Then, in a fan design, place the apricot slices on top.
- Bake for about 40-50 mins.
- Because the edges brown faster than the center, cover them with foil after about 25 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- When the center of the tart has browned and firmed up but is still a bit flimsy when gently shaken, remove it from the oven.
- Leave the tart to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, bring the apricot jam and 1 tablespoon water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and strain any pulp through a sieve.
- Leave to cool completely.
- After the apricots have cooled, glaze them with a pastry brush and serve right away.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.