Gluten-free baked vanilla cheesecake
- Serves 12
- 10 mins to prepare and 1 hr to cook, 2 hrs 00 mins to cool
- 264 calories/serving
For the base
- sunflower oil, to grease
- 75g (3oz) almonds
- 110g (3 3/4oz) gluten-free oat cakes
- 100g (3 1/2oz) dried pitted dates
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of sea salt
For the filling
- 800g (1 1/2lb) low-fat cream cheese
- 160g (5 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- 200ml (1/3 pint) sour cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- fresh berries to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C, fan 150°C, gas 3.
- Use the sunflower oil to grease the side of a 20cm (8in) high-sided springform tin.
- In a food processor, blitz the almonds, oat cakes, dates, melted butter, sugar, and a pinch of salt until the mixture is fine and sticks together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Make a level, even, and smooth base by pressing firmly into the tin.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract in a large mixing basin.
- One at a time, add the eggs, beating well after each addition to fully mix.
- Smooth out the mixture on top of the base.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the top is slightly browned and just set with a little wobbling in the middle, in the center of the oven.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving when it has cooled.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin, place it onto a dish, and top with fresh berries if desired.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.