- Serves 12
- 45 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook, 15 mins to cool
- 453 calories/serving
For the base
- sunflower oil, to grease
- 75g pecans
- 125g (4oz) gluten-free oatcakes
- 90g (3oz) dried pitted dates
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- sea salt
For the filling
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 150g (5oz) sugar
- 1 x 397g tin condensed milk
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 150ml cream whisked until soft peaks form
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4), 160°C (fan 160°C).
- Use the sunflower oil to grease the side of a 20cm (8in) spring form tin.
- To make the base, carefully roast the pecans for 3-4 minutes, or until they are darker and more aromatic, being careful not to burn them.
- Leave to cool.
- In a food processor, blitz together the pecans, oatcakes, dates, melted butter, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt until the mixture is fine and sticks together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Remove the dough from the processor and press firmly into the tin to create a smooth, even foundation with a small lip on one side.
- To set, place in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and sugar together in a pot over medium heat to form the filling.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the butter has melted and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring the condensed milk and salt to a boil, then decrease the heat to low and continue to stir continually for 3 minutes, or until the liquid gets a deeper golden color and smells of caramel.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Remove the base from the fridge/freezer and spread the caramel on top.
- Place the sliced banana on top of the caramel and finish with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately after dusting with chocolate powder.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.