- Serves 4
- 2 mins to prepare and 2 mins to cook
- 606 calories / serving
- 8 medium free-range eggs
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 x 130g tub fresh pesto
- 2 x 120g packs Wiltshire cured ham, chopped
- 1 x 250g pack Edam slices, chopped
- fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, crack 2 eggs, add 30g (1oz) pesto, a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix completely with a fork.
- In a small 20cm (8in) nonstick frying pan, melt 5g (1/4oz) butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the eggs and scramble them slightly with a spatula.
- Allow to settle until the pan's bottom is completely covered.
- Toss 2 ham pieces and 2 cheese slices into the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the eggs for 1-2 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
- Fold the omelette in half and transfer it onto a plate gently.
- Repeat the method to cook the next omelette after wiping the pan with kitchen paper.