Green scrambled eggs with roasted tomatoes
- Serves 2
- 5 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 455 calories/serving
- olive oil, for greasing,
- 100g on-the-vine cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 20g butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 100g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190 degrees Celsius, fan 170 degrees Celsius. Transfer the tomatoes (still on the vine) to a baking tray that has been lightly greased.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until the skins are bursting at the seams.
- In the meantime, wilt the spinach in a colander with boiling water.
- Set aside to cool until just cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze out any excess water with the back of a spoon.
- Toast the bread, and once golden, rub one side of each slice with the garlic clove.
- Lightly spread each with a quarter of the butter.
- Set aside.
- With a wooden spoon, carefully beat the eggs in a small bowl. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the remaining 10g butter.
- Pour in the eggs and stir slowly with a wooden spoon for 4 mins or until they set.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley, if using.
- Put the toast on two plates, then top with the eggs.
- Serve with the tomatoes.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.