Griddled pineapple with smoked bread and banana ice cream
- Serves 6
- 25 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook, plus freezing
- 142 calories/serving
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 slices brown bread
- 2 pineapples, peeled, and each cut into 6 wedges
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Put the bananas in a freezer bag or freezer-proof container and freeze for 6-8 hrs until completely frozen.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat and toast the bread slices for 1-2 mins each side to get char marks.
- Alternatively, do this on a charcoal barbecue once the coals are glowing and the flames have died down.
- Whizz the toast in a food processor until fine breadcrumbs form. Remove and cool.
- Pulse the frozen bananas in the food processor until breadcrumb-like inconsistency.
- Add 3 tbsp maple syrup and the breadcrumbs and whizz until smooth and combined.
- Pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze until ready to serve.
- If using a gas barbecue, preheat to medium, or if using charcoal, wait for the last glowing embers.
- Brush the remaining maple syrup over the pineapple wedges and sprinkle with the ground cinnamon.
- Cook for 5-6 mins on each side until charred and golden, then serve with the ice cream.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.