Summer barbecues are not complete without a side of grilled corn on the cob. This classic summer side dish gets an upgrade with the addition of crispy bacon and tangy chili lime butter. The smoky flavor of the bacon pairs perfectly with the tangy and slightly spicy flavor of the chili lime butter, making it the perfect addition to any summer cookout. Plus, it's incredibly easy to make!
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, husks removed
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, chili powder, lime zest, lime juice, and salt until well combined.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kernels are lightly charred.
- Remove the corn from the grill and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the chili lime butter mixture evenly over each ear of corn.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the chili lime butter.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can cook the bacon on the grill while you're grilling the corn for added convenience.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, add more chili powder or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the chili lime butter mixture.
- For a vegetarian version, simply omit the bacon and use salted butter instead of unsalted butter.
Grilled corn on the cob is a summer classic, but this recipe takes it to the next level with the addition of bacon and chili lime butter. The smoky, salty flavor of the bacon and the tangy, slightly spicy flavor of the chili lime butter create a perfect balance of flavors. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to impress your guests at your next summer barbecue.