This Spicy Chimichurri Steak recipe is perfect for those who love a flavorful and spicy steak. The combination of grilled sirloin steak with a zesty chimichurri sauce made from parsley, jalapeño pepper, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and red pepper flakes is a match made in heaven. This dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
- 2 lbs sirloin steak
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the sirloin steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak for 6-8 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- While the steak is grilling, prepare the chimichurri sauce. In a food processor, combine parsley, jalapeño pepper, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Process until well combined but still slightly chunky.
- Once the steak is cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve the sliced steak with a generous dollop of chimichurri sauce on top.
- For a milder version, use a green bell pepper instead of jalapeño pepper in the chimichurri sauce.
- Make sure to let the steak rest before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute for a more tender and flavorful result.
- This chimichurri sauce also pairs well with grilled chicken, pork, and seafood.
This Spicy Chimichurri Steak recipe is a delicious and easy way to add some heat and flavor to your next meal. The chimichurri sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week, making it a convenient addition to your meal prep. Give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with your grilling skills.