Hazelnut and butternut squash brownies
- Makes 16
- 20 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 150 calories/serving
- 175g (6oz) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) coconut oil
- 100g (3 1/2oz) maple syrup
- 75g (3oz) Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (3 1/2oz) gluten-free plain flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- pinch sea salt
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4) and 160°C (fan).
- Using nonstick baking paper, lightly grease and line a square 20cm (8in) brownie tin.
- Steam the butternut squash until it can easily be pierced with a knife over medium heat.
- This should take about 8-10 minutes to complete. Drain and combine with the coconut oil, maple syrup, and pitted dates in a blender to form a smooth purée.
- Blitz again with the egg and vanilla essence. Set aside.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, except the hazelnuts.
- With a wooden spoon, combine the butternut squash purée and the dry ingredients.
- After folding in the hazelnuts, pour the batter into the prepared brownie pan.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Cut the cake into 16 squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.