Looking for a healthy and delicious salad recipe? This quinoa salad with roasted vegetables is packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. The nutty and satisfying quinoa provides the base, while the roasted vegetables add a sweet and savory flavor. This salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, or as a side dish.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and drain well.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth or water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potatoes, red onion, red and yellow bell peppers, olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper on a large baking sheet. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly with the oil and spices.
- Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, baby spinach, and chopped parsley. Toss gently to combine.
- If using, sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese and toasted pine nuts over the top of the salad.
- Serve the salad warm or chilled.
- You can substitute the sweet potatoes with butternut squash or any other root vegetables.
- This salad can be made vegan by omitting the feta cheese or using a dairy-free alternative.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This quinoa salad with roasted vegetables is a healthy and satisfying dish that's perfect for any meal. Packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, it's also vegetarian and can be made vegan. Try this recipe and enjoy the sweet and savory flavors of the roasted vegetables and nutty quinoa base.