Fall is here and so is the pumpkin spice latte season. This classic coffee drink is loved by many for its cozy and warm flavors. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can make your own pumpkin spice latte at home and enjoy it any time of the day.
- 2 cups of milk (whole or any non-dairy alternative)
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar over medium heat. Whisk until the mixture is hot, but not boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and brewed coffee.
- Pour the mixture into a mug and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by combining cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- For an extra cozy touch, top with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- You can also make a cold version of this latte by using cold milk and brewed coffee and blending the mixture with ice.
Now that you know how to make your own pumpkin spice latte at home, you can enjoy this seasonal favorite whenever you want. Experiment with different milk alternatives and spice ratios to find your perfect taste. Don't forget to top it off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for the ultimate cozy experience.