A juicy, flavorful ham is a perfect centerpiece for any special occasion, and this Honey and Bourbon Glazed Ham recipe is sure to impress your guests. The combination of sweet honey and smoky bourbon creates a unique and delicious flavor that elevates this classic dish.
- 1 bone-in ham (10-12 lbs)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Remove the skin from the ham, leaving a thin layer of fat.
- Score the fat in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife.
- Place the ham in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, bourbon, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the glaze over the ham, making sure to cover it evenly.
- Cover the ham with foil and bake for 2-2.5 hours, basting every 30 minutes with the pan juices.
- Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes of baking to allow the glaze to caramelize.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C) before removing it from the oven.
- For a more pronounced bourbon flavor, marinate the ham in bourbon for several hours before cooking.
- Leftover ham can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
This Honey and Bourbon Glazed Ham is a delicious and unique twist on a classic dish that is perfect for any special occasion. The sweet and smoky flavors of the glaze perfectly complement the juicy and tender ham, making it a crowd-pleaser that is sure to impress. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself!