Summer is here, and what better way to enjoy it than by grilling some delicious chicken skewers? This recipe for Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken Skewers is the perfect addition to any barbecue. With a sweet and tangy flavor, these skewers are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the skewers.
- Brush the honey mustard BBQ sauce onto the chicken skewers, making sure they are well-coated.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Serve the skewers hot off the grill and enjoy!
Tips and variations
- If you want to add some heat, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the BBQ sauce.
- For a sweeter flavor, you can add an extra tablespoon of honey to the BBQ sauce.
- Try adding some vegetables to the skewers for a more colorful and nutritious meal. Bell peppers, onions, and zucchini all work well.
- If you don't have a grill, you can also cook the skewers in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a side of rice, quinoa, or a fresh salad.
These Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken Skewers are a delicious and easy way to elevate your summer grilling game. With a sweet and tangy flavor, they are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Try this recipe out and enjoy a summer meal that everyone will love!