Vietnamese Egg Coffee is a unique and delicious coffee recipe that originated in Hanoi, Vietnam. It's a creamy and sweet coffee that's perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth, and it's easy to make at home.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- Optional toppings: cinnamon, cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture becomes thick and pale yellow in color.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the egg yolk mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the hot brewed coffee into a mug.
- Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture over the coffee, stirring gently as you pour.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or cocoa powder on top, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and variations
- Use a French press or a Vietnamese coffee filter to make the coffee for an authentic taste.
- If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor, use espresso instead of regular coffee.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract or almond extract to the egg yolk mixture for a different flavor profile.
- Top with whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Vietnamese Egg Coffee is a delicious and unique coffee recipe that's easy to make at home. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a creamy and sweet coffee that's perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. Give it a try and experience the delicious flavors of Vietnam.