- Serves 1
- 5 mins to prepare, plus cooling and chilling
- 28 calories / serving
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp single cream, optional
- 50ml whole milk, optional
- ice cubes, to serve
- In a heatproof container, combine the coffee and sugar and pour in 200ml freshly heated water.
- Mix thoroughly until all of the coffee and sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Fill a glass halfway with ice and pour the cold coffee over it.
- If you prefer it black, add 50ml milk and whisk together for a milky, latte-style coffee.
- Omit the milk and instead swirl in 2-3 tbsp single cream for a rich and creamy finish.
Make ahead: Make the coffee the night before and chill it in the fridge overnight so it's ready to go in the morning.
Tip: This recipe can be made with any sort of coffee, from instant granules to freshly brewed cafetiere, filter, or ground coffee. Simply chill 200ml of brewed coffee as directed, adding more or less sugar to taste depending on the coffee's strength.