If you're a fan of deviled eggs and love a bit of heat, then you'll love this recipe for jalapeno and bacon deviled eggs. These little bites of goodness are packed with flavor, thanks to the combination of tangy jalapeno peppers and crispy bacon bits. They're perfect for parties, potlucks, or just as a snack.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Start by hard-boiling the eggs. Place them in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water to cool for a few minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooled, peel them and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork until they are crumbly. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, diced jalapeno peppers, jalapeno juice, bacon bits, yellow mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves, dividing it evenly among them.
- Sprinkle with paprika for a pop of color and flavor.
- Chill the deviled eggs in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If you want a spicier version, add more diced jalapeno peppers or a splash of hot sauce.
- For a milder version, you can use canned diced green chilies instead of jalapenos.
- You can also try substituting the bacon with chopped ham or cooked sausage.
Jalapeno and bacon deviled eggs are a delicious twist on the classic recipe that are sure to impress your guests. The spicy kick from the jalapenos and the savory crunch of the bacon make these deviled eggs stand out from the crowd. Try them at your next party or get-together, and watch them disappear in no time!