jalapenos and cheese waffles with bacon and eggs
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 508 calories/serving
- 5 eggs
- 250ml of whole milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 50g butter, melted,
- 50g Cheddar, grated
- 8 streaky bacon rashers
- 5 tsp finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 3 tsp olive oil
- pinch chilli flakes
- handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
- Crack one egg into a mixing bowl and pour in the milk.
- Whisk together.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and whisk into a smooth batter.
- Add the butter, cheese, 3 tsp jalapenos and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat a large griddle pan over high heat.
- Once smoking, add the bacon and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Reheat the griddle over high heat and add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Pour in the batter, reduce the heat to low and leave for 6-7 mins until set and golden.
- Cut the waffle in half.
- Flip each side over and cook for another 6-8 mins, until golden and slightly firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a chopping board and cut each piece in half so you have four waffles.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Crack in the remaining eggs, season with salt and cook for 3-4 mins until the whites have set and the yolks are to your liking.
- To serve, put the waffles onto four plates and top each with an egg and two rashers of bacon.
- Scatter over a few chilli flakes, the remaining jalapenos and the parsley.
- Serve immediately.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.