Kale, mushroom and goat's cheese lasagne recipe
- Serves 4
- 30 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- 573 calories/serving
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Four exhalation shallots, quartered.
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- One garlic clove, crushed
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g tender leaf kale, sliced
- 45g unsalted butter
- 45g plain flour
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 600ml whole milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 252g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 70g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, picked
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, and fan 160°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the shallots to the pan and the brown sugar and fry until the shallots soften and begin to caramelize.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Lower the heat and add the mushrooms to the pan, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the kale with 1 tbsp water, cover, and cook for two more mins or until it begins to wilt. Season to taste.
- Make a roux by melting the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Tip in the flour and mustard powder, mix and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Return to medium heat and bring to a boil; lower the heat and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Season with nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of the white sauce over the base of a 1.5ltr ovenproof dish and top with one sheet of lasagne.
- Spoon a third of the vegetable mixture on top of the lasagne, spoon over white sauce, just enough to cover.
- Cover with two lasagne sheets. Repeat to create three layers in total.
- Finish with the white sauce, crumbled goat's cheese, and Parmesan.
- Sprinkle over the thyme and cook for 35 mins or until the lasagne is golden brown and bubbling.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.