- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- 333 calories/serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 500g carton passata
- 6 garlic cloves, half roughly chopped, half thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 100g kale
- 150g margheritine soup pasta
- 10g fresh rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, made up to 750ml
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 10g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the onions, carrots, and garlic are tender and caramelized.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the passata, kale, beans (crush a few to make a thicker soup), rosemary, and stock.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then season.
- Add the pasta and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil over low heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the sliced garlic is lightly browned and crispy, then transfer to a small bowl.
- To serve, divide the soup among dishes and garnish with parsley and crispy garlic.
- Lemon wedges are served on the side for squeezing.
Tip: Use a stock pot instead of a cube to make it vegan-friendly.