- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 461 calories/serving
- 150ml milk
- 400g smoked haddock fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- One onion, finely chopped.
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- One garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 250g long grain rice
- One vegetable stock pot made up to 350ml
- Four eggs
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Place the milk and 100ml of water into a wide saucepan on low heat.
- Add the fish, skin-side down, and simmer for 5 mins until just cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow casserole dish over medium heat.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, coriander, turmeric, and curry powder and cook for 5 mins, stirring, until the onion softens.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the spices. Add the stock and bring it to a boil.
- Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 12 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and simmer for 8 mins.
- Drain the eggs and rinse under cold water. Peel, then quarter and set aside.
- Remove the haddock from the milk, reserving the poaching liquid.
- Remove the skin and flake the flesh.
- After the rice has had 12 mins, remove the lid and add the reserved poaching liquid.
- Replace the cover and cook for another 5-6 mins until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the haddock, eggs, and most of the parsley.
- Sprinkle over the remaining parsley to serve.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.