Looking for an easy and flavorful twist on the classic pulled pork sandwich? Try these Korean BBQ pulled pork sandwiches! Sweet and savory Korean BBQ sauce and spicy kimchi combine to create a delicious Asian-inspired sandwich that's perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Plus, this recipe can be easily adapted for different dietary restrictions - simply use a vegan or gluten-free BBQ sauce and bread to accommodate your needs. Let's get started!
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder or butt, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 hamburger buns
- 1 cup kimchi, drained and chopped
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Korean BBQ sauce, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger until well combined.
- Season the pork shoulder or butt with salt and pepper on all sides. Place the pork in a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven, and pour the Korean BBQ sauce mixture over the top.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place it in the oven. Cook for 3-4 hours, or until the pork is tender and falls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove the pork from the oven and use two forks to shred the meat. Toss the meat in the remaining sauce until well coated.
- Toast the hamburger buns in a toaster or on a grill until lightly golden. Divide the pulled pork evenly among the buns, and top each sandwich with chopped kimchi, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- If you don't have Korean BBQ sauce, you can substitute it with any sweet and savory BBQ sauce of your choice.
- For a vegan version, use jackfruit or mushrooms instead of pork, and a vegan BBQ sauce.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free soy sauce and hamburger buns.
These Korean BBQ pulled pork sandwiches are a delicious twist on the classic sandwich, and they're so easy to make! The sweet and savory flavors of the BBQ sauce pair perfectly with the spicy and tangy kimchi, creating a sandwich that's sure to become a new favorite. Plus, with easy adaptations for different dietary needs, this recipe is versatile enough for anyone to enjoy. So give it a try, and enjoy the delicious flavors of Korean BBQ in the comfort of your own home!