If you're looking for a delicious and easy ham recipe that's perfect for any occasion, look no further than this lemon and honey glazed ham. The bright, zesty flavor of lemon juice pairs perfectly with sweet honey, while garlic and fresh thyme add a savory twist to this classic dish. Whether you're cooking for a holiday dinner or just want to impress your family and friends with a flavorful meal, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
- 1 (8-10 pound) bone-in fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Remove any packaging from the ham and place it in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Brush the glaze over the entire surface of the ham, making sure to get into any crevices or folds.
- Cover the ham with foil and bake for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140°F.
- Remove the foil and brush the ham with the remaining glaze. Increase the oven temperature to 425°F and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you prefer a less sweet glaze, reduce the amount of honey to 1/4 cup.
- For a more pronounced garlic flavor, use 4-5 cloves of garlic instead of 3.
- Leftover ham makes great sandwiches or can be used in soups and stews.
This lemon and honey glazed ham recipe is an easy and delicious way to impress your family and friends with a flavorful and impressive meal. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and see how easy and tasty it can be!