Get ready to take your blueberry muffins to the next level with this Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping recipe. The tangy lemon complements the sweetness of the blueberries, and the crunchy streusel topping adds a delicious texture. These muffins are perfect for a breakfast treat or a mid-day snack.
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the flour, sugar, softened butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix together with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with the muffin batter. Sprinkle the streusel topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and variations
- For a healthier version, use whole wheat flour and substitute the granulated sugar with honey or maple syrup.
- You can use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones, just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the batter.
- Add a lemon glaze to the muffins by whisking together 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled muffins.
These Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping are the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. The streusel topping adds a delicious crunch, and the lemon zest gives them a unique twist. These muffins are easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a mid-day snack. Give them a try and enjoy!