Start your day on a sweet note with these delightful Lemon Blueberry Pancakes. Bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with a luscious maple syrup drizzle, these pancakes are a perfect treat for breakfast or brunch. Get ready to indulge in fluffy pancakes with a hint of zesty lemon flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.
- For extra lemon flavor, add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the pancake batter.
- If you don't have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
- Feel free to add other toppings like sliced bananas, chopped nuts, or a dollop of whipped cream.
These Lemon Blueberry Pancakes with Maple Syrup Drizzle are a delightful way to start your day. The combination of tangy lemon, sweet blueberries, and rich maple syrup creates a perfect harmony of flavors. Whether you're enjoying them for breakfast or brunch, these fluffy pancakes are sure to become a family favorite. Give this recipe a try and treat yourself to a stack of deliciousness.