Get ready to take your potato salad game to a whole new level with this Loaded Baked Potato Salad with Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream Dressing. This delicious twist on the classic side dish combines all the flavors of a loaded baked potato into a creamy and indulgent salad. Imagine tender potatoes tossed in a rich sour cream dressing, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and fresh green onions. It's a crowd-pleasing recipe that will be the star of any barbecue, picnic, or family gathering. Follow this easy-to-follow recipe to create a memorable and irresistible dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
- 2 pounds (900g) potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potato cubes in a large pot and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10-12 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, sliced green onions, and chopped parsley. Mix well to combine.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the bowl and gently toss to coat them evenly with the dressing. Be careful not to mash the potatoes.
- Taste the salad and season with salt and pepper according to your preference. Adjust the dressing consistency by adding more sour cream or mayonnaise if desired.
- Transfer the Loaded Baked Potato Salad to a serving dish and garnish with additional shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, green onions, and parsley.
- Serve the salad immediately or refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
- For a smoky flavor, use smoked cheddar cheese or sprinkle some smoked paprika over the salad.
- Customize the salad by adding diced tomatoes, chopped pickles, or a dash of hot sauce for extra kick.
- Make it vegetarian-friendly by omitting the bacon or replacing it with vegetarian bacon or grilled mushrooms.
- Add a touch of sweetness by mixing in some corn kernels or diced roasted red bell peppers.
- Make it spicy by incorporating diced jalapenos or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Experiment with different herbs and spices such as dill, garlic powder, or onion powder to suit your taste.
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience with this Loaded Baked Potato Salad with Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream Dressing. The combination of tender potatoes, creamy dressing, sharp cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon creates a symphony of flavors that will delight your taste buds. Whether you're serving it at a summer barbecue, picnic, or as a side dish for