Looking for a delicious twist on classic blueberry muffins? These maple pecan blueberry muffins with streusel topping are sure to impress! The rich sweetness of maple syrup and nutty crunch of pecans pair perfectly with plump blueberries in this easy-to-follow recipe.
For the muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the streusel topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the blueberries and chopped pecans to the dry ingredients and toss until coated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, chopped pecans, and melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Stir until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the muffin batter.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If using frozen blueberries, rinse them under cold water to remove any ice crystals before adding them to the batter.
- Substitute walnuts or almonds for pecans if desired.
- These muffins are best enjoyed fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These maple pecan blueberry muffins with streusel topping are a delicious twist on a classic treat. With a crunchy topping and sweet, nutty flavor, they're sure to become a family favorite. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!