- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 745 calories/serving
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 130g pack Italian smoked pancetta cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 250g pack Tesco Finest sweet mixed baby tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 30g pack basil, leaves roughly torn
- 4 garlic cloves, skins left on
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 x 150g packs cooked and peeled king prawns
- 400g orzo pasta
- 200g pack mozzarella and slow-roasted tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 220°C (gas 7) and 200°C (fan).
- In a roasting tray, combine the courgettes, pancetta, and garlic.
- Cook for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir with the lemon zest and juice, as well as the tomatoes, and roast for another 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package directions, then drain and chill.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the veggies and pancetta from the roasting tray to a large mixing bowl, leaving the juices to remain.
- Leave the tray to cool to room temperature before using.
- Remove the peels from the roasted garlic and crush or coarsely chop it.
- Add the oil and vinegar to the tray of juices and whisk to combine to form a dressing.
- Season to taste.
- Toss the chilled orzo with the vegetables and pancetta in a mixing bowl, then add the prawns and basil and toss with the dressing.
- To serve, top with mozzarella and slow-roasted tomatoes.
Tip: This salad is best served cold, but it can be prepared ahead of time. Make the dressing as directed above, but omit the fresh basil because it will wilt in the dressing. Fridge the mixed salad, then toss in the basil right before serving.