Mexican Street Corn (Elote) is a delicious and popular Mexican street food that has gained popularity worldwide. This grilled corn recipe features a creamy mixture of mayo, sour cream, and cotija cheese, topped with spicy chili lime butter and fresh cilantro. It's the perfect side dish for any summer gathering or barbecue.
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, lime zest, and chili powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, cotija cheese, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill and brush the chili lime butter mixture generously over each ear of corn.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over each ear of corn, making sure to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with additional cotija cheese, chili powder, and cilantro for garnish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To make this recipe dairy-free, you can substitute the cotija cheese with vegan cheese.
- If you don't have a grill, you can also cook the corn in a pan on the stovetop or roast it in the oven.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the chili lime butter and mayo mixture to your liking by adding more or less chili powder.
Mexican Street Corn (Elote) with Chili Lime Butter is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for any summer gathering or barbecue. The combination of creamy mayo, tangy lime juice, and spicy chili powder makes for a flavorful and satisfying dish that everyone will enjoy. So, give this recipe a try and impress your guests with this classic Mexican street food dish!