Mexican-style mackerel and rice
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 477 calories/serving
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g pouches wholegrain spicy Mexican-inspired rice
- 125g tin mackerel in tomato sauce
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- In a roasting pan, combine the sweet potato and pepper, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes, or until they are soft and golden around the edges.
- Heat the remaining oil in a big, deep frying pan over medium heat after 20 minutes.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the rice is steaming and broken up.
- Flake in the mackerel and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the fish is piping hot.
- Stir in the beans and half of the roasted vegetables, and cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through before removing from the heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the remaining roasted vegetables, lime zest, and coriander, if using, and serve.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.