Nectarine and basil galette
- Serves 6
- 20 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook, plus cooling
- 255 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseeds
- 150g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 ripe nectarines, stoned and sliced
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 10g basil, finely sliced, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes after mixing the flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water.
- In a dish, combine the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, and a touch of salt.
- Working with your hands or a spatula, combine the flaxseed mixture, oil, maple syrup, and 1 tbsp cold water to form a rough pastry.
- Chill for 15 minutes after wrapping tightly with clingfilm.
- Meanwhile, combine the nectarines, sugar, and finely cut basil in a mixing dish.
- Toss to blend, then leave aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and place it on a work surface with a large sheet of nonstick baking paper.
- To prevent sticking, place another sheet of baking paper on top of the crust and spread it out into a rough circle approximately 1cm thick with a rolling pin.
- Before heaping the nectarines in the center, carefully peel off the top layer of paper, leaving a 3-4cm border of dough around the edge.
- Any nectarine juices left in the basin should be saved.
- Fold the crust inwards over the sides of the fruit center with a palette knife.
- If it splits or pieces fall off, just use the palette knife to smooth them out or rejoin them.
- Transfer the galette to a baking sheet using the baking paper and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and ladle the nectarine juices over the top.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes on the tray before moving to a serving board and slicing to serve.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.