- Serves 8
- 20 mins plus chilling and 4½ hrs freezing
- 221 calories/serving
- 2 x 150g packs of fresh blackberries
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- 300ml whipping cream
- 175g light condensed milk (from a 405g tin)
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the blackberries and honey in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 6-7 mins, occasionally stirring, until the berries have broken down.
- Blitz in a blender until smooth, set aside to cool, then chill for at least 30 mins or up to 48 hrs.
- Mix the cream, condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk for a few mins until thickened and holding 'ribbons' on the surface when the whisk is lifted.
- Transfer to a shallow, 1ltr freezer-proof container with a lid.
- Swirl the blackberry purée through with a spoon, carefully keeping a distinct ripple.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hrs (or up to 1 month).
- Allow softening in the fridge for 10 mins before scooping into ice cream cones or serving in bowls with extra fresh blackberries.
Cook's tip: Try with frozen raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or mixed summer berries.