One-pot lamb and cherry pilaf recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 499 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g lamb leg steaks, fat removed, diced into 3cm pieces
- 15g butter
- One onion, finely sliced.
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- 200g basmati rice
- 150g fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 90g spinach
- 15g fresh mint, chopped
- 15g fresh parsley, chopped
- 15g toasted flaked almonds
- pinch of crushed chilies (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb and fry for 6 mins or until browned all over.
- Transfer to a plate; set aside. Reduce the heat and add the butter to melt. Tip in the onion; cook for 8 mins to soften.
- Increase the heat and stir in the spices; cook for 1 min. Add the rice, half the cherries, and the seared lamb; season.
- Pour over the stock, bring to a boil, then cover. Reduce the heat; simmer for 12-15 mins until the rice is tender and the stock is absorbed.
- Stir in the spinach and let it wilt.
- Sprinkle over the chopped herbs, remaining cherries, flaked almonds, and crushed chilies to serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.