- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 584 calories / serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 35g sachet paella seasoning
- 300g paella rice or short grain rice
- 300g frozen peas, blanched
- Warm the oil in a large frying pan or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry for 5 minutes with the pork and chopped onion, stirring often to drive out the water and brown the meat.
- Add the rice to the mince and onion and cook for 2 minutes, or until the rice begins to crackle slightly.
- Along with the paella mix, pour 700ml of hot water from the kettle.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients, cover with a lid, add additional water if necessary, reduce to low heat, and cook for 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked but still has a bite to it.
- Place the peas on top of the cooked paella and heat them up gently with a fork.
- Remove the paella from the pan and set aside for 5 minutes before serving. Season generously with salt and pepper.