Looking for a new twist on classic blueberry muffins? Look no further than these Orange Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping! The tangy flavor of orange adds a delicious dimension to the sweet blueberries, and the crunchy streusel topping takes these muffins to the next level. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-day snack, these muffins are sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the streusel topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the streusel topping until crumbly.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 of the way full.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a twist on the orange flavor, try using blood oranges or tangerines instead.
- These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
These Orange Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping are the perfect way to add a little twist to a classic recipe. With their tangy orange flavor and crunchy streusel topping, these muffins are sure to impress. Give them a try for your next breakfast or brunch, or make a batch to enjoy as a mid-day snack. Either way, you won't be disappointed!