Parsnip and apple soup with apple crisps recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 1 1/2 hours to cook, plus cooling
- 220 calories / serving
- 4 Cameo apples
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 x 500g pack parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 4 tsp soured cream
- 1/4 x 30g pack chives, snipped
- Preheat the oven to gas 1/2, 130°C, and fan 110°C. Slice 2 apples as thinly as you can horizontally.
- Remove any seeds, then arrange them on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until dried out; leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed pan, add the onion and parsnips, cover, and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Chop the remaining apples and add to the pan with the garlic. Cook, covered, for 5–10 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock and 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) water.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Using a blender, whizz the soup until smooth.
- Divide between 4 bowls, top each with 1 tsp soured cream, some chives, a few apple crisps, and a twist of black pepper.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.