- Serves 4
- 5 mins to cook and 20 mins to cool
- 323 calories / serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 325g pack baby plum tomatoes
- 500g carton of passata
- handful of fresh basil leaves chopped
- 250g spaghetti
- fresh Parmesan to serve
- basil leaves to serve
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, until softened and golden.
- Cook, stirring periodically, for 4-5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened and most of them have popped.
- Bring the passata to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a low heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced and thickened by about a third.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti until cooked, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the water thoroughly and leave it aside.
- Season generously with salt and pepper when the tomato sauce has reduced, then toss in the fresh basil.
- Stir in the drained pasta to coat it with the sauce. Serve in hot serving bowls with additional basil leaves and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.